The 30 Day Challenge
It’s that time of year when people make resolutions! But, the good news is anytime of the year is a good time to improve your health.
I’m sure there’s all kinds of month-long challenges out there, but the 30 Day Challenge I’m referring to is living the Paleo lifestyle for a month. Myself, my wife, and my kids went through multiple 30 Day Challenges in 2011 (we had to keep restarting because we were accidentally “cheating” and didn’t want to short-change ourselves). It was difficult sometimes, but very rewarding in the end.
This challenge really is a test of wills and requires intestinal fortitude and persistence. It’s hard to be different from everyone around you and there are so many temptations out there to make you want to cheat! However, you’ll be very pleased with yourself once you complete it, plus your body will likely feel better than it ever has.
There are a few variations of this challenge, but a really good one to follow is here: http://whole9life.com/2011/10/whole-30-v5/
Here are some other great resources if you’re interested in trying a 30 Day Challenge:
- Robb Wolf’s flagship book, The Paleo Solution, which provides recipes and workouts to get you through the month
- Robb Wolf’s new book, 30 Day Total Transformation
- Robb Wolf’s website has some handy printable documents for shopping lists and food ideas
- Mark Sisson’s book, 21 Day Total Body Transformation (you can extend it 9 more days though, come on!)
- Mark Sisson also has an incredible amount of information on his website, Mark’s Daily Apple
To all of you starting the 30 Day Challenge – good luck! It’s worth it! Don’t cheat!! I’ll do my best to post tips and learnings we gained from our experiences in the coming days.
I’d love to hear your thoughts or experiences in the comments.